




Cleo and the pups moved into the large plastic pool. The little wading pool was getting crowded and messy (since Cleo is a less than stellar "housecleaner"), and the pups are getting mobile enough they could possibly climb out if they climbed up and over Cleo. In fact, as I was setting up the big pool, Cleo stepped out of the small pool with the orange marked black male still latched on nursing. He hung on long enough to drop off harmlessly just outside of the pool. Cleo's appetite has slacked off again, and the pups aren't gaining as much as I would like, so I started bottle feeding some of the bigger pups so as to leave more of mama's milk for the little pups. I use goat milk (what commerical puppy milk replacer is made from) and a newborn baby bottle. The three big pups took to the bottle immediately and loved that they could fill up in a fraction of the time. They were then content to sleep while the little pups continued to nurse from Cleo. And the pups had visitors today. Sally came over with a bunch of ICAN friends. I still don't have any new pics to post, but hopefully Sally will oblige.
2 comments:
Jamie, thank you so much for sharing your observations of the pups and their progress! You have a way of making me feel like I'm part of the experience!
Jamie!
It was great to spend some time with you and the pups yesterday! Thank you for ALL your hard work in making sure they are thriving! Most fun for us to be able to bottle feed them.
Pictures will be sent later today!
Post a Comment