The pups are getting to be very fun and endearing. They are mobile and instantly react if Cleo or a person enters the puppy pool. With Cleo, it is feeding frenzy. When I sit down in the pool, I typically get multiple pups climbing into my lap nosing for a bottle. I have started adding some different textures (e.g. faux fur) and plush toys to the pool for the pups to interact with. We had a bit of a scare earlier in the week when Cleo spiked a fever. Turns out she had some localized mastitis (mammary gland infection) that has responded very well to antibiotics. And since on treatment, her appetite and milk production have improved. While she wasn’t feeling well, the pups were downing 6 baby bottles of goat milk per day. The big question now is when will the pups be ready to move out of the pool and into the puppy pen – possibly as early as this weekend.

Small gold boy and purple female

Cream boy


No comments:
Post a Comment