Monday, October 27, 2008

Off and running (almost)

What a difference a day of bottle feeding makes. . . I didn't consider this litter to be "fussy" (the most common reason I start bottle feeding), yet last night, the litter was amazingly quiet and content. Everyone gained 1-2 oz and the small pups look more vigorous. The two big black pups are total gluttons. This morning, I bottle fed them and put them back in the pool, figuring they would just curl up and take a nap. I re-checked the pups a short time later, and found Pink and White nursing!! I pulled them off and tucked them into the holding tub until everyone else had a chance at the Cleo milk bar. When I got home from work, I noticed Cleo nursing the pups from a sitting position - a first. Pups have to work a bit harder this way. The pups are actually getting quite agile up on their hind legs. When in the holding tub, some are starting to try to scale the walls to get out. Sorry, still no pics.

No comments: