Saturday, November 29, 2008
6 weeks old
6 weeks old and doing great. Pups gained 1 to 1 3/4 lbs each last week and weigh in at 6 to 7 3/4 lbs. The two Gold pups are the two 6 pounders and Red boy continues to be the big boy. I figure an 8 week old retriever pup typically weighs 8 - 12 lbs, so these pups are on track to be a very normal weight when they leave at 8 weeks of age. Today, the pups received another worming and their first vaccination (intranasal Bordetella/kennel cough). Initial exams were unremarkable, they look to be a very healthy, structurally sound bunch. Excursions outside continue as long as the weather allows. Yesterday, Purple kept repeatedly climbing out of the pen, so I finally had to remove the lower panel, and now the adult dogs can no longer get into the puppy pen by themselves when I am home. I have started to cut back Cleo's rations to reduce her milk production. Cleo is now more keen about eating than any of the previous weeks she has been with me, too bad she didn't take advantage of the open food bar back when she was in peak lactation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment