Friday, November 28, 2008

The Great Outdoors

After I returned from turkey dinner at my cousin's, I took the pups out for their first adventure outside. I took them to the front yard where they were able to experience sunshine, grass, mulch, shrubery, and concrete walk, steps and porch. My house is a ranch, so no steps inside. Being the steps are concrete, I pad them with a blanket so that the pups can tumble down safely. In the case of this litter, they loved to do flying leaps off the lower step, so at least provided them with a padded landing. The pups had a blast, and demonstrated a lot of confidence. And less mess for me to clean up since some of the toileting and eating can now happen outside. The cold weather is a big disadvantage of having a fall/winter litter. By this age, my summer litters would be getting lots of outdoor time and be doing much of their toileting outside which makes for very easy house training.

Dinner on the lawn

Purple girl trotting off with a leaf


Orange boy

No comments: