Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our eyes are open

Six of the eight pups have their eyes open, and Cream and Green boys' eyes are half open. With their first bottle feeding this morning, I first offered the pups a dab of canned food on my finger, and they thought that was great stuff. Looks like this litter will be transitioning to solids easily. This afternoon, a friend and her six-year old daughter came to visit, and afterwards I gave the pups their second nail trimming. Best guess is that the pups will be ready to move into the puppy pen end of this week - timing determined by when they are physically able to escape from the big pool and start showing a preference to move away to toilet. I will have a litter box set up in the big puppy pen which the pups should start using almost immediately, with a little assistance at first to help them get over there fast enough.


Friend's six year old daughter helping with bottle feeding.


Escapee - the pups are quite good at climbing out of the small "visiting" wading pool.

Cleo and her 2-week old pups

No comments: